Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Meet Kayla From The Eclectic Element

Kayla from The Eclectic Element agreed to be part of my get-to-know-new-bloggy-people interview series thing. I'm happy to get to know her and if you don't know her read below for her answers to my interview. Then head on over to her blog and take a read!
If you are interested in being part of the get-to-know-new-bloggy-people interview series thing then send me an email at Jessica [at] prettyriot dot com and we'll get this show on the road! 
In the mean time...meet Kayla!
1. How did you come up with your blog name?
Initially, my blog was created for my two Etsy jewelry businesses, so before I opened up my stores back in 2009, I sat down one night with a big yellow steno pad and a pen and I wrote down all the words and phrases that I liked and that I thought described my jewelry, my business and I. It took half the night of pairing random words together, but in the wee hours of the morning I finally had the combination of 'The Eclectic Element' and it was perfect!
2. Of all the blog posts that you've written, which is your most favorite? (Please link it)
Just one? Hmmm...It's not my favorite, but it is quite humorous if you want a good laugh at my expense:
http://theeclecticelement.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-hate-technology.html
If you want to see the aftermath of that post, you can do so here:
http://theeclecticelement.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-hate-technology_18.html

3. What are the three top blogs that you love and read every single day?
There are so many wonderful and beautiful bloggers out there, but the ones that I can't miss are:
Boobies, Babies and a Blog: http://www.boobiesbabiesandablog.com/
Krafty Max Originals: http://kraftymax.blogspot.com/

4. Current favorite song and why?
It's between Florence + the Machine's and Drumming Song and Motion City Soundtrack's Capital H. Florence is my girl and I love anything with a primal drum beat to it, whereas Capital H is just a very upbeat song about being a superhero and saving the world ^.^

5. Guilty pleasure?
Chocolate. Isn't it always chocolate?

6. Celebrity crush?
Currently, I'm enthralled with the newest television show Lost Girl and smitten with the character of Dyson A.K.A Kristen Holden-Ried. Although my tried and true celebrity crush will forever and always be Mr. Gerard Butler ;)

7. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Unique. Random. Strong.

8. Lake house or beach house?
I would love to say beach house but my heart truly lies on the early morning lake with my kayak :)

9. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I'm a pole dancer. NOT to be confused with a stripper {that happens more than you realize}. LOL

10. Favorite concert you've ever attended?
Admission: I've only ever been to one real "concert" if you can call it that; it was at a bar with Burn Halo because my boyfriend's band was the opener. It was a pretty kick A show, though!

11. First thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
A trip somewhere far, far away to satiate my wanderlust.
12. Aside from blogging, what makes you ridiculously happy?
I find happiness in a lot of things; my family and friends. My dog named Jake. My boyfriend named Jake. My pole dancing. Hugging trees {yes, I legitimately hug trees}. Learning. Coloring with crayons. I think it's everything in life, big and little, that work to make me ridiculously happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment