Monday, May 7, 2012

Top 5 Friday (on a Monday)


Last week, I didn't write a Top 5 and I most definitely should have. Let me tell you about the Top 5. A few years back my aunt and I started sending emails back and forth to each other with Top5 as the subject line. My cousin, her son, Blake was just killed in a car accident and the depression that followed was heavy. We decided that no matter how bad things were or could become there would always always ALWAYS be at least 5 things in our lives to be thankful for. For accountability we would send these lists to each other almost daily and now 4 years later we still do. They are often the highlight of my day and week. Soon, we expanded the Top 5 to include a few close friends and we would all send these emails to each other. It kept us up to date with each others lives and brought a smile to open our emails and see a list of things that were keeping the people we love happy througout the week. The Top 5 is such a positive energy and force that I have decided to bring it to this space and share it with the interwebs :) So each week on Friday I will post my Top 5s and if you so choose, I would love for you to reply in the comment section with your Top 5. There are no rules here just that what you list no matter how big or small is something that you are truly thankful for and makes you happy. I have been thankful for icecream before, seriously it doesn't have to be super deep or poetic, although it can be.

So since I missed last Friday, here's my Top 5 for today:

1. I am thankful for coffee shops. I kind of used to think they were stupid until I found that I love iced, frozen, blended coffee things. And then when I realized that working from home wasn't as productive as I thought it would be. Coffee shops serve as a great little away from home office. I plug in my headphones and ROCK OUT in my little space in the corner. Sometimes I catch myself dancing and then realize I'm in public and then I notice the stink eye from the girls across from me. Ooops.

2. I am thankful for Mike's family. They are so artistic and funny and I couldn't ask for more. I truly love them and am happy that they love me too.

3. I am so thankful for my puppies. I know I know, I get a little ridiculous when it comes to the freakin' dogs but I can't help it. They make me so happy! I mean, have you seen them?

4. I am thankful for central air and heat. Seriously. It's creeping up to the 90s soon here in Texas and I am so glad that we don't live pre aircondition unit time.

5. I am so thankful for friends and family who are totally behind me and are motivating about my crazy new endeavors. Having them be so supportive really makes me happy.

Go ahead, what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment