Thursday, August 2, 2012

Marinade and the Benefits of a Good Pantry

I don't know about yall but most of the time when I look at a recipe if it has more than 5 ingredients my brain automatically shuts down. The recipe is either more in depth than I want or most likely I wont have the ingredients off hand that I need. Well... enter a nicely stocked pantry. I have been slowly building our pantry ingredients over the past couple months, besides you know: salt, pepper, EVOO, garlic salt. The marinade recipe that I found this weekend didn't have any exotic ingredients or anything but it does have things like parsley flakes {makes me appreciate asking for a stocked spice rack for Christmas} which we never use.

We had some small pork chops that needed to be cooked so I started looking up recipes on my All Recipes App. I found an easy recipe for a marinade and *gasp* I had all 10 ingredients!


Whatcha need:

3/4 cup of vegetable oil {I used EVOO}
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar {I used Apple Cider Vinegar}
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 garlic clove, minced {I used 2}

Directions:

Combine all the ingredients in a large Ziploc bag or a glass bowl; add pork and turn to coat. Seal bag or cover the container. Refrigerate overnight. {I refrigerated for 4 hours. The porkchops came out delicious but Im sure they would have been even tastier the longer they marinated.} Drain and discard marinade. Cook pork how you would like. {We grilled them on our George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Grill.}

Easy peasy! Enjoy!!

<3, Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment